Mackie control protocol support

I found very nice instructions for using the Grid controllers with various DAWs. I also found some passing comments of support for the Mackie control protocol, but I cannot find any details. I would like to use the Grid controllers with Adobe Audition and Premiere Pro. Unfortunately, Adobe programs only recognise the Mackie control protocol for control surfaces. Is there some readily available configuration, or library for the Grid editor, or some other simple instructions on how to configure the Grid controllers as a Mackie control surface that would be recognised by the Adobe programs?

/Karol

Welcome to the forum!

The Grid documentation is hosted here online:

I do not see any references to the Mackie Control Protocol.

I also don’t specifically see Mackie Control Protocol here under 'What protocols are the modules compatible with?":

https://intech.studio/common/product-features

There is the VSN1 module that’s in development and I it mentions “Native Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom software integration” though I can’t speak to how that’s achieved. It also mentions that more integrations are on the way:

https://intech.studio/discover/vsn1

However, I’ll let the devs speak to any of the above. :slight_smile:

We have working implementation of the Mackie protocol, yes.

We have not tested it in either Audition or Premiere to confirm it’s working. We have tested it in DAWs like Ableton or Logic and Davinci Resolve as well. The protocol works well in the tested applications, but it’s not easy to configure.

Depending on your willingness to work with the Grid system, I can offer you the framework of the Mackie protocol through an EF44 configuration, that you’d then have to customize to your own needs.

In case you’d want a more ready-made solution, I can only echo what @_d4ydream above have already said. Wait for the software integration with Adobe, because as of now Grid is in no way easy to program for a beginner for use in Premiere or Audition.

1 Like

No problem, I can play a little bit with the configuration. If it already works in some DAWs it should not be too complicated to customise it for Adobe applications. Now, I just need to buy two EF44, but I am having some problems with the VAT for my company. I sent a separate support request for that.

Now I have my two EF44. Please, let me know where to start with the Mackie protocol configuration.

Hi there!

Sorry for the late answer, had a hectic week.
I have a complete MCU configuration for Logic control, using two EF44s and a couple of other modules. What functions are you looking for in your 2 EF44 setup? 8channel mixer is an obvious one, but which parameters would you like to utilitze and control using the encoders and encoder buttons?

Based on your reply I can modify the Logic controllers and upload the setup for you.