PB14 only lights up in bootloader mode

PB14 only lights up in bootloader mode
after trying to update my unit, anytime i add any kind of (bootloader) file to the unit it turns off and the update doesn’t complete. Now it is only able to light up in bootloader mode. Im unable to use the app or manual install of the bootloader file to complete the process. Factor default doesn’t seem to work.

Hey, did you seek help on discord too?

I did! Thanks for your help!!!

1 Like

WHAT WAS THE FIX. MY PB14 has not worked at all. I can only get it to turn on when loading in bootmode. Then after updating the controller grid software says its not attached. I will do a manual firmware update and the pb14 will become unresponsive at any moment no more than a few random seconds and i have been going back and forth reseting the nvram and updating firmware and bootloader and nothing works. The unit will not function or load no matter which variable of trouble shot senarios recevied from intech support or what was listed in the forums and video updates.

From Support

We intended to update the new modules, which have a different processor, but unfortunately, the update was also applied to the previous model ones. Please downgrade to firmware version 1.2.29.

You can download FW 1.2.29 from the following link: Grid Firmware v1.2.29.
For a manual update guide, please refer to: Firmware Manual Update Guide.

1 Like

This is also something that has been fixed since then, you can safely use the latest firmware, even on old modules purchased before May of 2023.

If you have an old module that boots with LEDs off, I suggest to take take a look at this troubleshooting article: Editor: Known issues | Intech Studio Documentation.

If you’re already on the new bootloader, and can boot into the firmware even once, doing a factory reset on the module is advised: Grid: Factory reset | Intech Studio Documentation.

If your module still malfunctions after that, write to us at support@intech.studio