Send_immediate issue?

Hi,

So I have an issue with immediate_send with the following setup:

M1-M2-M3-M4

i.e. 4 modules in a horizontal row with custom functionality for utility callback.

From M1:
if I call send_immediate(2,0,‘event_trigger(16,4)’) from M1, this triggers on M3 as expected.
if I call send_immediate(3,0,‘event_trigger(16,4)’) from M1, this triggers on M4 as expected.

On M3 in response to the utility processing:
if I call send_immediate(1,0,‘event_trigger(16,4)’) from M3, this should trigger on M4 as the documentation says “x and y coordiantes - are relative to the module where the function is called”. So 1,0 relative to M3 should be M4.
However, nothing happens

Another example is the following:

M3
   |
M1-M2

Calling send_immediate(1,0,‘event_trigger(16,4)’) from M1 correctly triggers M2.
Calling send_immediate(1,-1,‘event_trigger(16,4)’) should theoretically trigger on M3, but nothing happens.
However, in the case, calling send_immediate(1,0) from M1 and then having the utility response on M2 call send_immediate(0,-1) does correclty trigger on M3.

So there does appear to be some issues in the processing of this command.

Thx

What are the specific modules in this example? Because system utility would only be (16,4) on modules with 16 elements like the EN16 or PO16.

1 Like

Sending module is PF44, receiving modules are all EN16. thx

On the PBF4, system element is 12, on the EF44 system element is 8.

I would approach setting up the code like this when using different modules, but all of them use the same code:

immediate_send(1,0,"event_trigger(element_count()-1,4)")

This code example uses the new element_count() function which returns the last element index of a module (for now it returns +1 for some reason…).