VCV VST3 in Ableton and Grid

Good evening everyone! I encountered the following problem - when trying to connect EF44 modules with the enabled VST 3 plugin VCV rack running in Ableton, everything crashes. I tried to open VST 3 with the modules enabled - it also crashes. On ableton 10 and 12, I tested with mac OS 15.0 and the latest update of Grid Editor 1.3.3. Although the same grid EF44 modules in the stand alone VCV Rack application work well. Maybe someone has encountered a similar problem?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

I’ve loaded an instance of VCV Rack 2.5.2 (VST3) into Ableton 12.0.25 with 2x EF44s, 1x EN16, and 1x PO16. On Windows 11, there’s no issues. Might be an issue that only happens on a Mac setup.

Is your EF44 just using default code or do you have anything custom on it?

Does Ableton generate a crash report?

Thanks for the reply, _d4ydream. Yes, Ableton generates an error report - it’s very long. I have a license for Live 10, Live 12 trial version. I reset the EF44 modules to factory settings. Purchased after May 2023. The Mac computer is on the M3 chip with the ARM64 driver.

I’m pretty sure this should be similar to the issue we had with TouchOSC. There is some kind of incompatibility with some software running under ARM on Mac when the controller plugged in is also a Game Controller.

Fortunately the devs at TouchOSC were kind enough with a quick fix for this issue. With an exact crash report in hand we can reach out to the VCV devs to see if there’s anything they can do on their end.

If possible please send the crash report from the above messages, and we’ll reach out to the VCV devs with it.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks for the answer, narayb!)) I’m sending links to the error report. I hope this helps somehow!

Thank you so much.

With your permission, I have shared these files and your findings with the VCV support team. I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to report back with a solution soon!

1 Like